We’re on for today’s last challenge! For this one, we’re supposed to share our current “high” fives (what’s currently making you happy) for several categories.
- I was working on my guest post for Miel from Bookish and Awesome‘s Rainbow Rowell Week celebration this coming week and I reread a few of my favourite scenes from Fangirl and ah, the giddy feels totally washed over me! Definitely looking forward to sharing my post with y’all!
- I’m so in the mood for some feel-good YA Contemporary books! (Rec me some, will ya?)
- I absolutely freaking loved Becky Albertalli’s upcoming debut Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda but I also super adore the author herself. Earlier, Becky tweeted about her love for the book community and that just made me smile.
- Alexa, who’s the host of this year’s Love-a-Thon, is one of my favourite people in the blogosphere ever. She’s a fellow Filipina and she is the loveliest and sweetest, seriously. I feel so honoured every time she drops by the blog to comment or when I get to chat with her on Twitter. I can’t wait to get to meet/hang with her when she visits the Philippines or when I go to NY for BEA!
- Can I please get a time-turner necklace? I just want to repeat this event again because it was so so wonderful.
That’s a wrap! Since this’ll be my last Love-a-Thon post, I just want to thank Alexa for hosting (you’re amazing, lady!) and all the fabulous bloggers out there I got to chat and interact with! I hope that we’ll all spread the bookish love still even as the event comes to a close! DFTBA!
Alexa is amazing for hosting this event. I always love how positive the community is around this time :) It makes me happy to see all the sweet comments and tweets. I MUST have a time turner at one point in my life.
Right? Same here! It’s these kind of wonderful events that bring the community together! We’ll get our time-turners one day, Mel!
I still haven’t read Fangirl, I will one day though, one day.
Oh gosh, I wish I could recommend some upbeat YA. The books I’ve been reading lately are a bit….sad. Well, I read Remember by Eileen Cook a few weeks ago, I liked that one a bit, though it’s not exactly upbeat….
I am so excited for Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda! I’m glad that you absolutely freaking loved it. :)
I saw that tweet too! It made me really happy.
I have to say Alexa is pretty great though our interactions don’t go beyond twitter really. It was really great seeing all of the Love-A-Thon posts and tweets though I didn’t partake (the whole slipped my mind), unfortunately.
I would freaking LOVE a time-turner necklace!!! Where can I get one? ^^
I love YA Contemporary books too!