Can someone pinch me or something? I still feel like this is all taking place in my head. It is surreal to even be here. Oh wait, introductions first. Where are my manners? So sorry about that. I fangirled for a little bit. Anyways, let us just start.
Hi there! My name is Bianca. I am 19 years old and I reside in Manila, the lovely capital city of the Philippines. I’m not really that new to the book blogging community since I have been dabbling with blogging (sort off) for almost 2 years now. You may or may not know about my personal nook on the internet named The Ultimate Fangirl. And yes, am I that girl who just cannot shut up about boys in books? Yes, that would be me, because I love my boys in fiction very much.
A little something about me:
- I love writing, video editing, taking pictures, and of course, reading.
- I am currently in my 3rd year of college, taking up something that has to deal with animation and computers. You know, technology stuff.
- My all-time favorite book is The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Trust me when I say that I never shut up about it, and it takes a lot of self-restraint to not talk about it, or pick it up and reread all over again.
- My favorite genre is contemporary, but I also love historical fiction and sci-fi.
- I have a love-hate relationship with fantasy books and e-readers, a notion that I am developing a formula on.
- My reading tastes are ridiculously random. Sometimes, I am on the verge of a reading slump or I get in a really moody reading transition.
It’s not everyday that I get to join a blog, let alone THE blog that inspires a lot of people, me included. Which is why I was asking you lot to pinch me earlier. So here I am, now a co-blogger at Stay Bookish, with the task to make it more awesome as ever. I am very happy to be a part of this awesome squad, and hopefully we have the best time partaking on this new journey. I am more than excited and thrilled to be co-blogging with such awesome ladies: Nancy, Rachel, Jamie, and of course, Hazel.
Now to answer a question you guys must be dying to ask me: How do I Stay Bookish? (Thank you for this lovely question, Joey.😉)
To be honest, if you’re a true bookworm, it’s not that hard to stay bookish. Because it’s in our blood, and our life source is books, basically. If we ever stay away, we might turn into a crazy person. Of course we don’t want that happening now, do we? I stay bookish by constantly expanding the number of books that I have and by being updated of the books that I want on my stack (I don’t have a book shelf). Based on personal experience, the lack of books can drive a person insane. Life can be a bit tough, and it’s hard to keep up with the community when you don’t have the time. Back then, I relied on other people to keep me updated on the “hottest” trends because I thought I was that busy. Turns out, when those people did not keep up with the latest trends, I was basically screwed. So I became the person that they relied on when it comes to books. Sure, life steps on me with responsibilities that puts the pressure on. I know how that works now. But I always go back to loving and devouring tomes that make my heart go boom. By doing just so, I stay bookish.
I’m honestly still giddy about all of this, but don’t worry. We have many more days to fangirl and fanboy over our love for books. Pleased to make your acquiantance, everyone!
How about you? How do you Stay Bookish?