Happy Monday, my lovelies! I thought I’d share a rather helpful post today rather than my usual boring tirade. Truth be told, I’m not one to share blogging tips on here. I don’t feel proficient enough to write such posts. However, sharing some tips was the first idea that popped to mind when I pondered on what to blog about today. I’m just gonna go with it.
With that, let me dole out a few bits of blogging wisdom just for you.
- Write it out- what’s on your mind, how you’re feeling about something, what you’ve been up to. If you think it’s blog-worthy, put it on a post.
- Visuals are important. Banners, graphics or photographs are a great way to keep your audience reading, especially if your post is really really long.
- That said, please don’t go grabbing other people’s graphics/photos. If you want to use someone else’s stuff on your blog, make sure to ask permission or give credit. This is seriously important blogger etiquette.
- Blog design matters. Not so much that it has to be completely snazzy and out of this world amazing, but it matters because it can pave a way for your content to shine and be noticed.
- Have blogging tools on hand. Whether it’s your trusty laptop (That’s mine on the photo above- isn’t it awesome?! I love my laptop case!), a pocket notebook for ideas or just your phone to tweet a blog update, keep them close.
- Join the community. There’s a whole wide world of other bloggers out there who love the same stuff you do and are just as passionate about blogging. Seek them out.
- Carry on. Even if you take a blogging break, get back to it. Because you love it, don’t you?