I wanted to discuss what being a bibliophile means today but I ended up writing a list. I could probably go on forever:
- Your bookshelf is overflowing. It cannot contain all the books you have so books are all over your room.
- One of your dreams in life is having your own library. Or writing a book. Or both.
- Under the list of people you must meet before you die is your favorite author. Or several.
- The only hangovers you know are book hangovers.
- You have a book buying problem. Shopping means going to the bookstore.
- You name pets or special objects after fictional characters.
- You seriously worry about book-to-movie adaptations.
- You never leave home without a book or your ereader.
- You either love coffee or tea. Or both.
- You are a certified fangirl.
- You are turned on by good grammar and perfect punctuation.
- You believe that signed books are precious.
- Once in awhile, you’re lost in a fictional world and cannot be bothered.
- You think a lot. Probably too much.
- You will gladly recommend books and are really thrilled when people love them.
- When people ask what your favorite thing in the world is, your answer is always books.
How about you? What does bibliophilia or having a great love of books mean for you? Feel free to add your own bullet in the comments. ;)